Housekeeping / Cleaning - Full-time
Seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Housekeeper/Household Assistant for a private residence in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The Housekeeper/Household Assistant will be responsible for house cleaning, interior maintenance, and assisting with daily household operations.
Culture of Care
RDV Staffing provides domestic, household and property related positions predominately in West Michigan. We recruit only the most skilled and dedicated people who are service-oriented, collaborative, adaptable, and who possess the highest level of integrity. Our employees experience a meaningful workplace where they can make a valuable and appreciated impact in the household(s) that they serve. Full-time employees of RDV Staffing are eligible for a robust healthcare program, 401(k) plan with a generous 7.5% match, time off, and other meaningful benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform basic daily household duties, i.e., making bed(s), cleaning bathroom(s), filling and emptying dishwasher, wiping down kitchen counters, taking out the trash, etc. Occasionally touch up family living and kitchen areas. Items include, but are not limited to: dusting, vacuuming, wiping down counters, emptying trash, and putting décor back in appropriate locations.
- Perform routine deep cleaning, i.e., organizing cupboards, washing interior windows, completing fall and spring cleaning.
- Launders and irons household linens, towels, and personal clothing.
- Care for fresh flowers on a daily basis and dispose of spent arrangements.
- Properly reports household maintenance issues/repairs.
- Assist with holiday or event decorating as directed including all Christmas decorations and their procurement.
- Work with Head of Household to purchase, wrap, package and prepare gifts for delivery. Maintain a list of all gifts received for reconciliation and thank-you notes.
- Efficiently and confidently communicates with Household Manager and Head of Household verbally, via text and through email. Listens, asks questions, works well with others, and demonstrates a desire to be part of a team.
- Perform a variety of administrative support functions, including opening and sorting the mail, greeting vendors, posting/shipping mail or packages, etc.
- Monitor inventory levels of household cleaning supplies, food supplies, personal products, and other basic supplies. Place orders, receive, and stock for household as needed.
- Run various household errands as needed, such as grocery shopping, flower orders, pick-up and drop-off dry cleaning, and other special requests.
- Coordinate and place Amway catalog orders.
- Provide dog sitting or pet sitting services as needed.
- Retain receipts for credit card purchases. Submit credit card receipts and documentation monthly for reconciliation.
- Provide assistance to nanny and other household staff as needed.
- Perform special projects as assigned by Household Manager or Head of Household.
Elements of Success
- Previous housekeeping/house cleaning experience required.
- Preservation of a quiet and peaceful household atmosphere is essential. Sensitivity to privacy of family members should be exercised at all times.
- Equipment and cleaning products will be provided by employer. If a question arises as to equipment operation or product utilization, the supervisor will provide guidance.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, organization, and follow-through in daily routines.
- Proven ability to prioritize and to work independently.
- Must be responsible, flexible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance; willing to dress in required uniform; organized and reliable; positive in attitude; and one who demonstrates pride in service which he/she provides. Flexibility in scheduling is essential to meet seasonal and staffing requirements.
- Must be attentive to details to assure the private residences and presented to “Five Star” quality standards.
- Responsibilities are conducted in the home) of the family. While an employer/employee relationship exists, employee must be genuinely committed to being part of the team of household staff whose shared goal is to offer exemplary personal service and to positively contribute to a healthy, active, and loving home environment.
- The family’s privacy is of critical importance; therefore, the highest level of confidentiality in the family’s business and personal matters must be exercised at all times.
- Equipment will be provided by employer.
Essential Physical Demands
- Ability to lift thirty (30) pounds to a maximum height of six (6) feet.
- Ability to climb steps and stairs, bend, kneel, and remain standing on feet and kneeling on hands and knees for lengthy periods of time.
- Ability to stand on small step stool in order to accomplish cleaning tasks.
- Ability to push/pull vacuum cleaner and operate household maintenance equipment.