Other - Full-time
Homeowner Services Specialist
The Homeowner Services Specialist is responsible for processing applications for Homeownership and Home Improvement Programs; implementation and management of the Homebuyer Sweat Equity Program; implementation of the HFH Homeownership educational workshop series; manages the Home Repair Program within the department; and handles program inquiries. The Specialist works closely with the Mission Impact team to further Habitat Kent’s mission. Habitat Kent is focused on recruiting a diverse and equitable workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Qualified Candidate will:
1. Engage program applicants/clients, answer phone calls and emails, collect applications and other documentation materials, discuss program readiness, educate on the application process for all programs.
2. Ensure pipeline of qualified homebuyer applicants during open application timeline.
3. Administer and oversee the selection process following established HFH and Fair Housing policies.
5. Perform affordability calculations, financial and credit analysis.
6. Complete pre-closing and post-closing process.
7. Provide intake for repair program including processing applications, approvals and denials, scope of work documentation signing, liens, payment plans grant requirements and communications.
8. Research and complete grant applications for down payment assistance and other assistance opportunities and provide grant required information.
9. Provide community and home repair resources and support to homeowners as needed.
10. Complete state and federal mortgage law training on annual basis.
Essential Job Qualifications & Skills:
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field; mortgage experience highly preferred
· Knowledge of MSHDA down payment assistance grants preferred
· Ability to relate to diverse groups of people including public speaking
· Ability to stay highly organized and be detail oriented
· Must be qualified to function as a Qualified Loan Originator (QLO) and thus submit to national criminal background check and credit report and must provide information regarding any military, civil, criminal or administrative decisions
· Financial credit analysis experience preferred; ability to read/interpret credit reports desired
· Ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with community partners to strengthen Habitat’s mission
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· Bilingual Spanish preferred
· Previous experience and proficiency with MS Excel required; must be able to create worksheets to assist in reporting, analyzing and organizing data required to efficiently perform the functions of the position and willingness to learn other programs.
This is a full-time non-exempt position. The pay range for the position is $19.00-$23.00/hr. with a benefit package that includes:
· Comprehensive health/dental and life insurance; vision insurance option
· Flexible Spending Plan
· A 403b retirement plan with 5% employer match
· Paid time off; paid holidays
Diversity and inclusion are valued and contribute to the success of our organization. Habitat Kent is committed to building a diverse staff. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities of color we serve. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
We have implemented a complete COVID Preparedness and Response Plan. This position will work remotely temporarily
Send your resume with cover letter to: No phone calls or walk-ins. by Friday, April 2, 2021.