Accounting / Finance - Full-time
The Harris Operator operates and maintains the Harris Web printing press.
1. Operate the press at optimum performance output without sacrificing quality. Help maintain productivity standards.
2. Lead in the absence of the Harris Lead Operator.
3. Set up and operate a multi-color web press.
4. Correctly bend plates, set up color, and adjust registration to meet customer expectations.
5. Operate the scanning densitometer as well as making color adjustments (done quickly and efficiently to reduce make ready waste without sacrificing quality).
6. Vigilantly check for color registration issues, overall color quality deviations, and all print defects for each job.
7. Complete the required job documentation and data entry into Avanti.
8. Perform regular maintenance on the press and related machinery including pumps, compressors, and rollers.
9. Daily washing of all blankets.
10. Monitor supplies inventory of press operation supplies.
1. Maintain a clean and orderly physical work environment.
2. Understand color management as applied in the department workflow.
3. The Harris operator is responsible to facilitate the completion of the scheduled maintenance.
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
Two years of technical training in printing field.
Two year of printing experience on a web press.
Knowledge and experience with 4-D folder helpful.
Familiar with Microsoft Office and preferable Avanti.
Have knowledge of or ability to correctly discern color variances.
Thorough knowledge of color management preferred; also familiar with G7.
Strong ability to quickly make-ready the web press; possessing the ability to motivate others.
Strive to live a life consistent with Biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Internal Work Environment:
Occasionally meet with the maintenance personnel.
External Communication Requirements:
Outside communication with vendors and maintenance personnel.
Lead crew in the absence of Harris Lead Operator
Stewardship of Resources:
Responsible for proper operation and care of web press.
Failure to meet quality standards and provide press maintenance have a significant financial impact on the organization.
Potential danger in working around moving parts and with cleaning chemicals.
Occasional lifting. On feet fulltime. High noise environment.
Based on biblical principles, our statement of faith and the richness of our organization’s history, we will strive to reflect our commitment to diversity by honoring the ministry’s mission, vision, values/ethos and guiding principles.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and InclusionApply Now