Other - Full-time
CURE International is a Christian non-profit organization operating a global network of eight pediatric hospitals in Africa and the Philippines. Our mission is rooted in Luke 9:2 – ‘to heal the sick and proclaim the kingdom of God.’ We seek out the most vulnerable and underserved to provide sponsored surgical care to children living with treatable disabilities. Our hospitals and programs depend on a team of dedicated, talented professionals. We need YOU to consider joining our team as we continue to grow our mission.
We are seeking candidates for an opportunity as our Grants Manager at our Mission Support Center located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
As a leader of the Grants Acquisition and Management (GAM) team, and a part of the Advancement Department, the Grants Manager will lead the GAM team’s efforts in planning and implementing grant-funded programs from proposal to closeout. The Grants Manager will serve as the point person for all of CURE’s grant-related work, and will ensure congruency between the grants acquired and the programs delivered. The Grants Manager will work closely with all programs, M&E, finance and advancement teams to acquire and report on grants and to ensure grant programs are implemented in compliance with grant agreements. The Grants Manager will report directly to the Director, Grants Acquisition and Management and will supervise the Grants Coordinators and consultants on the GAM team, and will perform and manage grant research, grant writing, program design/implementation, monitoring and evaluation, compliance and grant reporting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the Director, Grants Acquisition and Management to develop and implement a yearly/multi-year strategic plan for grants and growth of CURE’s grants program.
- Research and track grant funding opportunities, build consortia and position CURE to be competitive for grants with foundations, churches, multilateral donors, aid agencies, and other grantmakers.
- Work with the Director, Grants Acquisition and Management to establish, maintain and grow relationships with all current and prospective grantmakers/donors, partners and consortium members. Develop communications materials tailored to donors to be used for prospecting, cultivation and retention.
- Research, develop, and track relationships with new and current donors and consortium/potential consortium partners.
- Lead, manage, and participate in the proposal development process including participating as the lead writer. Also lead, manage, and participate in the report, LOI, concept paper, and other material(s) creation process including participating as the lead writer.
- Ensure all relevant teams such as finance, M&E, and programs have necessary grant related information for appropriate implementation. Serve as the organization’s point person for all grant work.
- Ensure quality and accurate reports are delivered on time. Lead, manage, and participate in the reporting process.
- Provide regular updates to the Director, Grants Acquisition and Management on grant activity including escalation of performance risk and pipeline wins.
- Lead GAM related activities, including regular team meetings and individual one-on-one meetings with Grants Coordinators and consultants.
- Manage all grant related projects and timelines.
CORE COMPETENCIES/SKILLS/EDUCATION NEEDED
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, Business Administration, International Development or related field. Master’s Degree or higher preferred.
- 3-5 years of Grants Management experience required.
- Experience in program design and M&E plan development preferred.
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Strong research, analytical (especially quantitative), and budget development skills.
- Strong command over written and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of the organization’s overall mission and its objectives.
- Ability to prioritize work, manage multiple projects, meet ambitious internal and external deadlines and produce quality results.
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement, and paid time off.Apply Now