Other - Full-time
Interested in applying? Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than Sunday, July 28, 2019.
Summary of Position
The front end developer is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to a customer’s specifications. The developer is well versed in CMS platforms like Drupal and WordPress with the ability to create custom solutions while maintaining best practices. As the RCA continues to expand its digital presence, the front end developer will play key roles in implementing new web assets through front end development.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Develop websites based on the Drupal and WordPress CMS while also implementing custom solutions where needed.
- Work with our UI/UX designer to develop a responsive web presence for all websites.
- Implement designs and conduct cross browser testing to confirm functionality.
- Integrate websites with our Salesforce CRM through third-party tools or custom solutions.
- Work with our communications team to prioritize projects and set development schedules.
- Give input into the strategy for major website projects.
- Assist in developing and maintaining web development policies and procedures.
- Maintain backups, upgrades and documentation for all web assets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Four or more years working as a web developer or within a development environment.
- Experience configuring and developing for Drupal and/or WordPress CMS.
- Dedication to innovative, sophisticated designs and collaborative problem solving.
- Solid understanding of web standards and usability.
- Knowledge of SEO and best practices.
- Enjoy learning about the latest web technology and teaching others.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of the RCA.
- Ability to travel up to 5 days per year.
- Familiar with Agile software development.
- Experience with ADA Compliance in web development.
- Familiar integrating web applications with Salesforce CRM.
Work Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Supervisor: IT Director