Accounting / Finance - Part-time
POSITION TITLE: Finance Manager
POSITION TYPE: Part-time, Hourly approximately 16-20 hours per week
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Executive Director, this position is responsible for the financial duties of Alpha Grand Rapids with limited operations and human resource functions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform accounting functions including accounts receivable/payable, bank reconciliation, payroll submission to outside firm, and petty cash accounts
· Maintain relationships with financial institutions and affiliates
· Work with the Administrative Partner and Marketing Director to reconcile QuickBooks and donor software system
· Analyze financial status of the organization and create monthly reports (balance sheet, P&L and cash flow statement) for the Leadership team and Board of Directors
· In conjunction with the staff, prepare an Annual Budget by department including cash flow projections
· Work with outside CPA throughout the year to prepare for the annual audit; annual 1099 & 1096 preparation and distribution of W2’s to staff
· Ensures operational quality, efficiency and financial goals are obtained accurately and timely
· Any other tasks as assigned
· Maintain the Records Retention Room and Policies
· Renew memberships with affiliate organizations as well as maintain business licenses and insurance for operation
· Maintain staff and board personnel files
· Manage employee benefits
· Set up performance review schedules
· Maintain employee handbook
· Oversee on-boarding checklist for new employees
· Conduct employment verification
· Participate in all fundraising events
· Participate in monthly staff meetings and other meetings concerning finance
· Handle financial portion of the men’s center construction to include working with subs, lien waivers and sworn statements
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
Prior Work Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in accounting, HR or similar background
Language Proficiency: English
Job Knowledge Must have strong organizational and administrative skills, including excellent knowledge of Quickbooks, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Skills and Abilities: Must be able to work independently and interact with other staff members. Must maintain open communication with the Executive Director, Board Members and the CPA.
Other Requirements: Must be a committed Christian and faithfully attend a local church. Must agree with the AGR Statement of Faith and demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with AGR Core Beliefs. Exhibit an ability to respect diversity and keep information confidential.
Supervision Received: Reports to Executive Director
Available Guidelines: AGR Employee Handbook
Supervision exercised: None
Time to perform full range of duties after entry into the position: Six months
Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Alpha Grand Rapids
1725 Division Ave S, Grand Rapids MI 49507
Phone: 616-742-0242 | Email: email@example.com