Other - Part-time
Grand Rapids, MI
Job Type Part-Time 20hrs/week
Salary Range $17-$20 hourly
Reports To Program Manager
The Family Advocate is responsible for coordinating all aspects of Grace’s Table (GT) Mama Advocacy Plan (MAP) for their caseload. Family Advocates develop relationships in the community to connect with new teen mamas, assist teen mamas in navigating community resources, parenting skills growth, setting and executing education and career plans, and accessing human services for basic needs. Family Advocates oversee the volunteer mentors who work with the mamas in their caseload.
Work Environment This role requires work onsite and in the community with occasional evening events.
· Conduct a “Welcome MAP-ing” meeting with each new teen mama. Create a MAP, including a Career and Education Plan.
· Lead monthly MAP meetings with teen mamas.
· Collect, input, and report all relevant teen mama data to relevant platforms.
· Lead one night of program every week for the mamas.
· Match teen mamas with a mentor and assist in the transition in and out of the partnership.
· Connect regularly with each mama’s mentor.
· Develop and maintain relationships with county human services, remain current on human service regulations and offerings.
· Develop and maintain community relationships relevant to the Community Connection plan.
· Manage the transition process for mamas approaching graduation from GT.
· Assist in the creation of and the execution of special events such as Mother’s Day and the Christmas Party.
Skills and Attributes:
· Strong group facilitation skills
· Strong leadership and critical thinking skills
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships with new mamas and community partners
· Demonstrate the ability to work in a team and work independently
· Familiar and comfortable using multiple social media platforms
· Be a champion of the values of GT throughout the organization and in the community
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Two years of case management or program facilitation is preferred
· Experience working with at-risk populations is preferred
· Must pass rigorous background checks
· Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
· Physical requirements include a typical office environment including sitting at a computer screen and exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally.
· Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
· Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach.
· The job entails standing for periods of time.
· 3 weeks of vacation
· 10 Paid Holidays and Generous Sick Policy
· Wellness Stipend; EAP
· Simple IRA with up to 3% Match
To be considered for the position, applicants must send their cover letter and resume via email by August 1, 2022 to Jeana@gracestable.com.