Other - Part-time
- Assist in editing materials for accuracy, organization, flow, appropriate style, sound biblical exegesis, clarity and conciseness of language, word choice, and appealing presentation.
- Essential Functions:
- Evaluate, select, and edit Our Daily Bread articles and special editions as assigned.
- Assist in coordinating quarterly, monthly, large print, and overseas editions, creating the monthly topic index and international theme log.
- Compile monthly booklet with senior editor and maintain reserve list/ODB archives.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Administrative tasks may include recording ODB materials in the DAMP system and maintain ODB archives, processing author payments, providing the monthly files to Braille translators, and distributing final ODB content to other ministry efforts.
Study or Knowledge or Experience:
- B.A. degree in English, Publishing, Journalism, or equivalent experience.
- Theological and biblical background is preferred but not required.
- Strong editorial skills with at least one year of experience in a publishing setting.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to manage assignments according to deadlines.
- Strive to live a life consistent with Biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Internal Work Environment:
Extensive communication with those involved in the production of ODB materials.
- Involves moderate communication with outside authors or other organizations.
- Requires discernment, diplomacy, and professionalism.
- Edits content that reaches a worldwide audience.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and InclusionApply Now