Other - Full-time
To provide Our Daily Bread Publishing with clerical and editorial support.
- Contribute to the production of ODBP books and products by providing editorial assistance and project tracking.
- Coordinate the publishing process beginning with page proofs and covers and ending with files ready to be sent to press. Assign proofreading projects, send PDFs to authors for review, evaluate corrections, route projects to project editors, manage indexing as needed, and work with designers to correct files. Ensure that all projects stay on schedule and that the work is accomplished with excellence.
- Maintain ODBP file archive.
- Participate in ODBP team meetings, acquisitions meetings, publishing meetings, and title meetings.
- Evaluate manuscript submissions.
- Perform administrative or clerical tasks. This could include filing, record keeping, interoffice communication, project management, manuscript cleanup, and research.
- Collaborate with other ministry efforts as needed to support the ministry’s overall goal of making the life-changing wisdom of the gospel understandable and accessible to all.
Study or Knowledgeand Experience:
- B.A. degree with a major in English, Journalism, Publishing, or a related field.
- Two years of practical experience in a publishing setting.
- Strong proofreading skills with knowledge of standard proofreading marks.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Growing knowledge of editing and editorial procedures.
- Growing knowledge of the Bible with some formal Bible training preferred.
- Working knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style, 17th Edition, and Christian Writer’s Manual of Style, 4th Edition
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to work under deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Strive to live a life consistent with biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Internal Work Environment:
Regularly communicates internally with teammates and various other teams in the organization. Discretion, accuracy, and tact are required.
External Work Environment:
External communication required with authors, agents, aspiring writers, cover designers, typesetters, proofreaders, and indexers.
Stewardship of Resources:
Decisions made may affect ODBP budget.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and InclusionApply Now