Building/Construction - Full-time
Plan, direct, and coordinate human resources activities and staff.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organizations goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention
- Serve as a key HR leader for the ministry in the absence of the Chief People and Culture Officer (CPCO)
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, some training, initiatives, and engagement surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance and strategy needs
- Administers or oversees various human resource programs including, but not limited to disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance reviews and talent management; productivity, recognition, morale, occupational health, and safety
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting, and administering HR responsibilities, crisis, employee relations and helping resolve work-related situations
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters, such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, Fair Labor Standards Act, and recommend needed changes
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements. Serve on the Benefits Committee and give guidance on making any changes or improvements
- Handles recruitment by reviewing applications, interviewing perspective employees, and discussing hiring decisions with the Chief People and Culture Officer, leadership as well as the hiring managers
- Strategize with hiring managers to identify staffing needs in different areas and departments
- Develop strategies for fair and consistent hiring, developing, and retaining staff. As well as a younger diverse workforce that reflect the diversity of our global organization
- Oversee the overall health and wellness of our staff. Will serve as the Chairperson for the Wellness committee
- Oversee the Service Partner program (volunteers) and manager to assure a safe, productive, and enjoyable environment
- Oversee the Front Desk (receptionist) to ensure we maintain a high level of customer service to our guests
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or Business.
- 5-10 years of experience in HR
- Excellent administrative skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must have experience that demonstrates strong leadership skills with ability to form and maintain a team environment and lead innovation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor and approach to a global workforce
- Self-starter and multi-tasker
- Experience and expertise in project management
- Ability to use good judgment and decision making
- Experience with tracing, gathering, and analyzing data and metrics
- Experience recruiting on various social media platforms and networks
- Strive to live a life consistent with biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Internal Work Environment:
- Job requires significant communication with employees, managers, and leaders. Will require tact and deal with sensitive information. Confidentiality is essential.
External Communication Requirements:
- Interaction with other HR professionals, benefit vendors, and prospective employees. Communication will be sensitive, frequent, and require tact.
- Assist in leading a team of direct reports
- Provide leadership in all benefit and comp programs
Stewardship of Resources:
- Manage budget and read financial statements.
- Use data to make informed decisions.
- Recommend benefit programs and changes that affect a major part of the overall ministry budget with others on the benefits committee (401(k) and all insurances)
- Our Daily Bread Ministries is a nondenominational nonprofit with staff and volunteers across the globe and resources distributed in 150 countries and in more than 50 languages. As a global ministry faithful to biblical principles, our commitment to diversity is reflected in our ministry’s mission, vision, values, and ethos.
Flexible Work Schedule/Working At Home
Could this job have a flexible work schedule apart from what the team works? Yes
Could all of this job be performed offsite or at home? No
Could some of this job be performed offsite or at home? Yes
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and InclusionApply Now