Other - Full-time
CURE International is seeking an experienced leader to join our team as our Director of Equipment & Supply Chain at our MSC Distribution Center located in Spring Lake, Michigan. The Director of Equipment & Supply Chain is responsible for the equipment procurement, maintenance, and supply function for the CURE network of children’s hospitals as well as the central procurement and distribution of medical and hospital supplies. The Director of Equipment & Supply Chain will own the procurement and equipment & supplies strategy implementation and execution activities, will assist in the definition of the annual goals, and will be the primary owner of key supplier relationship process. This role will work closely with their regional counterparts and stakeholders to ensure that the strategies are executed to the benefit of CURE.
- Maintain a list of standardized equipment and supplies for CURE facilities.
- Work with Procurement Manager to articulate and execute a procurement strategy.
- Coordinate and validate the specifications for supplies and equipment.
- Solicit donations of medical supplies and equipment.
- Clearly and effectively communicate and work with suppliers, freight forwarders, and CURE International hospital staff overseas.
- Provide management oversight to the biomedical manager team, including trip planning, work prioritization, and organization.
- Provide management oversight and continuous improvement of procurement and warehouse operations, including receiving, sorting, inventory and storage of major equipment and supplies.
- Provide oversight and ensure that the MSC warehouse inventory database is maintained.
- Organize the packing and shipping process to transport supplies and equipment to the hospitals.
- Develop a process for testing and evaluating donated equipment prior to sending to the hospitals.
- Ensure that appropriate communication takes place with hospital Executive Directors, physicians and purchasing & inventory officers as well as vendors, and individuals making donations.
- Develop and maintain a system to keep track of, and report on, all associated costs of procurement, logistics and shipping.
- Oversee and ensure all maintenance is performed on CURE equipment.
- Manage small to medium sized projects and budgets related to the procurement, inventory and logistics needs of the CURE network.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- B.A. in business, management, operations management, logistics or related field.
- 7+ years’ experience in procurement planning and management, including 5+ years health care sales experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive leadership responsibilities.
- Knowledge and ability to work on tools for inventory management, logistics and supply chain management.
- Previous international experience is strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent analytical, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven results in selling products and services.
- Aggressive results oriented sales person with proven track records in acquiring new customers and achieving new customers and achieving sales targets.
- Position requires high energy level individual who is self-assured, self-motivated and creative.
- Personal commitment to the mission, vision, and statement of faith of CURE International.
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement, and paid time off.
CURE International complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com. Persons living with a disability are highly encouraged to apply.Apply Now