Design - Full-time
Date: March 27, 2023
Title: Digital Media Specialist
Salary Level: Full time, hourly, non-exempt
Location Classification: Flex
Reports to: Director of Communications and Marketing
To design print and digital communications that advance the Crossroads mission with excellence and urgency and contribute photo/video skills to our design team.
Communications & Graphic Design-90%
- Work closely with communications director and the design team lead to ensure that materials meet brand standards and tell the Crossroads story visually.
· Prepare documents for print for both “in-house” and “out-of-house” jobs (examples: postcards, fliers, conference banners, event invitations, PowerPoint presentations).
· Design lessons and monthly newsletters in close coordination with the copy editor.
· Work with design team and social media content specialist to develop engaging visual elements for posts and offer strategic input.
· Attend and contribute to regular communications team meetings.
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of Communications and Marketing
Photography & Videography- 10%
· Serve as the organization’s photographer and videographer capturing events and creating engaging content
· Ensure photos and captions are uploaded into Crossroads digital asset management system in a timely fashion
· Manage photography sessions
· Participate in video and photo projects from concept development through publication.
· Maintain and manage photography equipment
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ that results in a life lived in obedience to the will of God, evident by spiritual fruit and the desire to grow in the Lord.
· Welcomes collaboration with the team, providing and receiving feedback with humility.
- Is supportive of other staff members and volunteers.
- Gentle confidence, genuine servanthood and spiritual maturity.
- Expresses flexibility, cooperation and teachability.
- Forward thinker, self-directed, team-oriented.
- Demonstrated passion and ability to promote a culture that values employees and volunteers.
· Demonstrated creativity.
- Great attention to detail and order.
- Proven ability to solve problems.
- Excellent communication and listening skills – ability to consistently encourage and support others.
- Committed to growing in his or her craft.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic or digital design, photography or photojournalism, digital marketing, or a related field
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Proficiency with photo editing software and camera equipment
- 1-3 years of experience in graphic design