Administrative / Office Management / Clerical - Part-time
Job Title: Development & Marketing Administrator
Details: 30+/- hours per week, salary based on experience with potential for growth. PTO, paid holidays and professional development opportunities offered.
Children’s Healing Center (CHC) is the nation’s first recreational center for kids with weak immune systems. Located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, we provide social and emotional healing in a germ-free environment. The Center is a safe haven for kids ages 0 to 26, and their families, to step away from the stress of a complex medical diagnosis to just have fun! We break down the barriers of isolation and make play possible.
The Development & Marketing Administrator participates in grant writing and other development initiatives, community outreach, manages social media channels and assists with print and digital marketing.
• Assist with annual development goals and fundraising plan
• Grant writing
Do you have a passion for our mission? Are you skilled in writing? Do you understand grants, grant processes and structures? Are you a strategic thinker? Do you have the ability to develop a compelling narrative?
Marketing & Design (20%)
• Manage website for content and copy updates
• Develop and update materials on own and with our contracted designer
• Gather, edit and post content for CHC blog
• Write and send out monthly e-newsletters
Are you creative? Can you design content that shares the CHC story and mission with others? Are you able to give direction and oversee projects from start to finish?
Execute Center Programs (20%)
• Plan and execute weeknight and some Saturday programs
• Lead volunteers to execute programs
Can you engage member kids and parents through play and conversation to create friendships? Can you organize volunteers to help with planned activities and maintain a safe place for our members?
Community Outreach (10%)
• Develop strategic relationships with individuals, groups, organizations and businesses as directed
• Host quarterly open house at the Center
• Give presentations as needed to further Center outreach
• Assist with management of volunteer groups
Are you outgoing? Do you enjoy connecting and sharing with others? Can you build professional relationships and get people excited about a cause you are passionate about? Can you speak in front of a group?
Management of Social Media (5%)
• Create content and manage postings across multiple channels
• Assist with development of annual social media plan
Are you comfortable with Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn? Can you write and find engaging content to share? Are you able to clearly message to different audiences?
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Development/marketing experience required
• Clear communication and writing skills
• Experience in Fund Development
• History of grant writing
• Experience with kids and adults.
• Ability to manage the Center in an emergency situation
• Familiar with Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, Sharepoint, Powerpoint)
• Comfortable with InDesign
• Able to handle multiple projects and assignments at once
• Know how to operate a WordPress website
• Ability to work nights and weekends and commitment to nontraditional work schedule
• Desire to work at a fast-paced, growing organization
• Physical demands include: stooping, kneeling, climbing/positioning oneself at kids’ level, move throughout the center to oversee programs and lift/move 25-45lbs
Key Characteristics for CHC staff:
• A welcoming and engaging person, inclusive of everyone
• Passionate and committed to serving immune-compromised children and their families
• A relational individual with the ability to connect to both kids and adults and build trust
• Ability to put others before self, listen before talking, meet others where they are at
• Willing to do whatever is needed to make the organization a success
• Organized with a focus on detail
• Self-starter with the ability to generate and prioritize work for themselves
• Continual learner, comfortable executing projects outside of knowledge area
• Team player—believes that partnerships strengthen, everyone has valuable skills
• Can handle sensitive information with integrity and confidentiality
Children’s Healing Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to Melissa Block at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission is Wednesday, October 9th, 2019.