Sales - Part-time
A Customer Service Associate’s primary responsibility is to assist customers with finding the book(s) they need and completing their purchase, both in-store and over the phone. The successful candidate will be sociable, and he/she will enjoy reading and talking about a good book. This job requires open availability and the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Provide every customer with excellent customer service for an overall positive customer experience that inspires customer loyalty.
- Strive for excellence in communication with customers and colleagues, both in person and over the telephone.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, upcoming events, and security practices.
- Maintain knowledge of existing inventory, new publications, and best sellers in order to assist customers with their selection of books and the location of books that may interest them.
- Process transactions on the store’s POS system, demonstrating knowledge of policies regarding payment, exchanges, discounts, and coupons.
- Sticker, arrange, shelve, and display merchandise appropriately to promote sales
- Create and submit special orders for customers per company guidelines.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, maintaining them over time.
Other tasks not on this list may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Previous retail experience is preferred but not required.
- Availability – store hours of operation require flexible availability, including evenings and Saturdays
- Physical Qualifications – Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, with the ability to lift, bend, and twist as required.
- Ability to Multitask – job requires an ability to handle multiple tasks at once without losing priority or focus for each individual task.
- Customer and Personal Service – Ability to assess customer needs and provide outstanding customer service.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- English Language & Mathematics – Knowledge of the structure of the English language including the ability to understand and communicate information in both oral and written formats. Knowledge of the basic principles for addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, fractions, and currency.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Tools & Technology – Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and an ability to navigate e-mail, Point of Sale, Internet, database and inventory management software.
BAKER BOOK HOUSE COMPANY IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER