Housekeeping / Cleaning - Part-time
The Custodian will be responsible for regular cleaning, light maintenance duties, minor repairs to the church building and other tasks such as setting up and moving of furniture, etc. as designated and assigned. This is an essential service to the church in that it provides a clean, comfortable, safe, welcoming environment to promote the mission of the church.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A knowledge of and skill in cleaning procedures and processes, products, and equipment.
- Ability to read and follow both written and oral instructions.
- Be aware and follow safe working procedures.
- Reliable, responsible and of good character.
- Should have good people and communication skills and the ability to work with a positive attitude with other staff members, Facilities Committee members, the congregation, and visitors.
- Have the ability to work with little supervision.
- Pass a background check.
- Be a member in good standing of an evangelical Bible believing church.
- Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the body of Christ and extend the love of God to those seeking Him.
- Create a cleaning schedule for the entire building.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the church, including but not limited to: dusting, dry and wet mopping, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, emptying wastebaskets, cleaning inside windows and doors, washing rags and kitchen towels, cleaning the kitchen, sanitizing the nursery, cleaning drinking fountains.
- Assist with special cleaning tasks as appropriate.
- Changing of batteries and light bulbs. Updating clocks and lighting schedules.
- Minor repairs
- Replenish such things as paper towel, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, etc. throughout the church and communicate with the administrative assistant regarding ordering these items as well as other needed cleaning supplies.
- Custodian, in tandem with Facilities Committee, may assist in oversight of work done by outside companies contracted for maintenance and repairs.
- Oversee and schedule the heating and cooling system for all church services, meetings, and special events. Monitor temperatures.
- Setting out the trash and recycle bins every week.
- Minor snow shoveling and salting of entry area.
- Notifying Facilities Committee of need for repairs.
- The Custodian will oversee schedule and set up/take down rooms throughout the church building as needed for upcoming meetings and events.
- Tables, chairs and any other set up/take down will need to be worked into the schedule regularly.
- Assist in set-up for special holiday events, outreach events, concerts.
· Opening and closing church before and after the morning and evening service.
· Minor cleaning after morning service.
· Turn lights on/off before and after the morning and evening service.
Job Type: Part-time 24 hours per week
Salary: $16.00 /hour
Please go to www.beckwithhillscrc.org to apply on line for this position.Apply Now