Healthcare - Part-time
Providence Life Services offers a full range of services for families who need retirement living, assisted living, rehab, skilled nursing, and more. Emerald Meadows, our Assisted Living and Memory Care Community, located in Grand Rapids, Michigan is seeking a Part Time Cook for our evening shift.
This is your opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives; and Join our team of dedicated team members!
The primary purpose of this role is to review menus prior to preparation of food; and ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for creating meal portions, cleaning food, cooking meals and keeping a sanitized work area.
- Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
- Process special requests for food changes as received from nurse.
- Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus.
- Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Must have 1-2 years of professional cooking experience.
- Must have an Michigan Food Sanitation license.
- Experience in senior living or healthcare facility preferred.
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
- Must be knowledgeable of dietary procedures.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.