Caregiver - Full-time
Are you looking for work in a challenging, yet rewarding environment?
David’s House Ministries is looking to hire Community Living Support to work with individuals with special needs in their own home or apartment. In this position, you will be helping consumers participate in their communities and to have a quality of life that comes from their freedom of choice. It also gives you the opportunity to learn how to advocate and assist an individual with the daily support that they want and need.
No experience is needed and DHM will provide all of the training that is required. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Many staff have used their experience as a direct care worker to launch into a career in the health care industry, social work, or working for another non-profit organization.
Full-Time and Part-Time Positions Available
- Help provide the consumer with instructional training’s, as identified in the consumer’s Individual Plan of Service (IPOS). Areas may include, but not are not limited to:
- Personal hygiene, transportation, medication administration, money management, meal planning and preparation, social skills, and personal safety.
- Provide transportation as needed
- Ensure consumer safety in their living environment and in the community
- Completing consumer progress notes, various medical logs, timesheets, and other records as needed.
- Communicate the consumer’s needs to the CLS Coordinator
- Changes in the consumer’s health and behaviors, phone calls, messages, parental contacts, doctors contacts, supply needs, schedule changes, and etc.
- Works well on a team
- Provide assistance when needed, resolve conflicts and works well under supervision
Qualifications: (a full list of qualifications is provided with the application)
- Must be able to complete required reports and follow written/oral instructions
- Must be able to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs of consumer
- Must be capable to respond and handle emergency situations
- Successfully complete training courses that involve basic concepts required in providing specialized dependent care
- Meet the physical and mental health requirements of a direct care worker
- Must be free from disqualifying criminal convictions
What We Offer
- Flexible scheduling which often accommodates college, work, and family schedules
- Premium increases are given to employees with a CNA.
Feel free apply online please visit our website; https://www.dhmin.org/join-the-team/, Click on the Direct Care title and it will bring you to our online application.Apply Now