Other Ministries - Seasonal/Temporary
Camp Roger Apprentice Job Description
Every staff member at Camp Roger represents Jesus Christ and is a minister of the Gospel regardless of the department or position or job duties. God tells us in 1st Peter that we are a holy priesthood offering our daily work as a sacrifice to God. Scripture is clear that everything we do matters, and we believe we are called to do it all to God’s glory. All staff members at Camp Roger are expected to steward every opportunity for the glory of God and the advancement of the Kingdom.
The Apprenticeship is a nine-month program for young adults wishing to increase their experience in non-profit leadership and outdoor education. Apprentices will learn and develop skills in a variety of areas through outdoor education leadership, curriculum planning, staff meetings, site projects, program development, and mentorship from our staff. This program is a combination of living, learning, and working at Camp Roger.
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Professes Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior and lives in accordance with God’s Word
· Eager to represent Christ well and share the good news of God’s love
· Agrees to sign and to strive to live up to the standards outlines in the Camp Roger staff covenant
· High school diploma
· College experience or degree
· Ability to work with others in a team
· Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
· Experience leading children
1. Apprenticeship Program
· Serve as a leader for school groups in the Outdoor Education Program
· Assist Site Director with site turnovers and maintenance projects around camp
· Occasionally serve as On-Call contact for weekend rental groups and perform duties for those groups as necessary
· Support each leg of Camp Roger’s ministry (marketing, hospitality, etc.)
· Develop and carry out a long-term project that betters Camp Roger
2. Personal involvement and dedication to the health of the Camp Roger greater community as well as immediate year-round staff community is required. Time needs to be spent in prayer as well as effort given to support and encourage and maintain a Christ- like team and work environment.
3. Any other duties as assigned
Responsible to: Apprenticeship Director (for most duties); Outdoor Education Director; Site Director
· Start/End Dates: Aug 26, 2019 – May 22, 2020
· Staff retreat: Sep 5, 2019
· Run for Camp 5k Race: Oct 12, 2019
· Man Camp: Jan 31- Feb 2, 2020
· Group Interview Day: Saturday in Feb 2020
· CCCA Conference: Mar 2-4, 2020
Compensation: Apprentices receive a biweekly stipend of $250 as well as free housing at Camp Roger
Application Procedure: Apply online at camproger.org/apprenticeshipprogram. Contact Michelle Putlak for more information at email@example.com or (708)601-9884.