Accounting / Finance - Full-time
The Associate Content Editor for books will handle developmental and line edits, create new products out of existing content, and develop new book proposals, writing original content as needed.
1. Perform all levels of book manuscript editing.
2. Create new products from existing content.
3. Develop new products with original content.
4. Prototype book ideas and develop samples.
5. Edit marketing copy.
6. Serve on editorial committees as needed.
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
- B.A. degree, preferably in publishing, writing or English.
- Strong editorial skills with five or more years’ experience in a book publishing setting
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Theological or biblical background
- Striving to live a life consistent with biblical principles and demonstrating continued growth and spiritual development
- Writing experience strongly preferred
Internal Work Environment:
- Communication with those involved in book production, marketing, and distribution.
External Communication Requirements:
- Communication with outside authors and other publishing professionals
- Requires discernment, diplomacy, and professionalism
- Provides direction to authors
- May seek out writers as needed
- Influences content decisions
Stewardship of Resources:
- Decisions made will have an impact on the budget
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and InclusionApply Now