Accounting / Finance - Part-time
Assistant Controller-20 hours per week.
Our customer is a prestigious Law Firm in Grand Rapids and is currently hiring a full time Assistant Controller to join our team. The ideal candidate for this role will have the opportunity for advancement to the Controller position.
The day to day responsibilities for the Assistant Controller role are:
- Maintain the general ledger and supporting accounting records for assigned accounts.
- Responsible for inventory costing and analysis.
- Maintain billing, collections and credit apps.
- Coordinating or assisting with budget preparations.
- Assist with managing the financial month end close process.
- Responsible for accounting and financial statement prep for related party companies.
- Special Projects as assigned.
- Creat and maintain Excel Spreadsheets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Accounting/Finance.
- 5 years experience in accounting (manufacturing preferred).
- Public Accounting experience a plus.
- Strong in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.