Administrative / Office Management / Clerical - Part-time
· The Administrative Assistant advances the mission of the church by offering effective and flexible administrative support in a team context and by contributing to a warm, hospitable environment in the church office.
· This is a part-time position (20hrs/wk.) that reports to the Office Manager, and the weekly schedule is negotiable.
· Maintain a vital and growing relationship with Christ through the exercise of basic Christian spiritual disciplines including prayer and meditation on scripture.
· Demonstrate a high level of moral integrity understanding that personal conduct impacts the larger work and witness of the church.
· Collaborate with staff and lay leaders in advancing the mission of Fifth Church.
· Communicate in a friendly, positive, and effective way that facilitates forward progress.
· Maintain appropriate confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
· Uphold a vision for the church office that welcomes, encourages, and supports people – staff, congregation, and guests.
· Agree to, and abide by, the Staff Team Covenant.
1. Provide general administrative support as requested by the Office Manager.
2. Give leadership to church communication:
a. Oversee and maintain the master communications calendar and work with staff to ensure communication is happening according to plan.
b. Produce regularly scheduled communication pieces, including eNews, worship guides, newsletter, and website blog posts.
c. Monitor and update the church website, mobile app, and Facebook page to ensure timely and appropriate content.
d. Serve as church “Brand Manager” by monitoring the look, vibe, and feel of communications to ensure alignment with our communication plan.
e. Oversee and manage any outsourcing of graphic design to visual art contractors.
3. Provide administrative support to staff as requested.
4. Assist the Office Manager in answering phones and welcoming guests to maintain a warm and welcoming environment in the office.
· Ability to work in both a self-directed manner and as part of a collaborative team
· Ability to take initiative and meet weekly priorities with minimum supervision
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Excellent copywriting skills (For this job copywriting is prioritized above graphic design. We can outsource visual design if needed, but we need a good writer.)
· Strong knowledge of professional correspondence, communication protocol, and etiquette
· Comfortability and skill with multiple digital and social media platforms
· Ability to manage relationships with contractors and vendors
Please direct a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and our HR Team will be in contact soon.