Accounting / Finance - Seasonal/Temporary
This position is responsible for providing clerical support to the Accounting Group by performing a variety of duties.
Culture of Care
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
Accounts Payable Support:
- Compile and scan invoices for multiple entities.
- Capture relevant information from vendor invoices and statements using the electronic invoicing system.
- Enter monthly account activity based on bank statements.
- Prepare and stuff envelopes for mailing checks.
- Review employee expense reports and compare to supporting receipts.
- Assist in compiling sales and use tax data.
- Maintain, create, and assemble various paper and electronic files; shred documents.
General Accounting Support:
- Enter journal entries as needed.
- Prepare and process miscellaneous reports.
- Pull files, make copies, and re-file back-up for various projects.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
Elements of Success
- Current college student, enrolled at least part-time at a fully accredited four-year institution; related college coursework in accounting is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel software required.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Demonstrated professional demeanor and service orientation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management in a professional and highly confidential corporate environment.
- Uncompromised commitment to the highest level of confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities.