Housekeeping / Cleaning - Part-time
5 Hour Cleaner
5 hours per day/ 5 days a week/ 52 weeks/ 2nd shift/ Monday – Friday
$12.37 per hour
The Operations Department at Forest Hills Public Schools takes pride in keeping our facilities well-maintained for the students, staff, and visitors. Our properties include:
- 3 high school buildings
- 3 middle school buildings
- 3 5th/6th grade buildings
- 8 elementary school buildings
- 1 administration building
- 1 fine arts center
- 1 community & aquatic center (pool)
- 26 sites total
The primary function of the Cleaner is to keep the building clean, safe, and welcoming for our students, staff, and visitors through their cleaning and event setup efforts.
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Ability to learn
- Thrives in an independent working environment but capable of working with a team when necessary
- Self-motivated and task-oriented
- Professional, hospitable, and gracious towards students, staff, and visitors
- Willing to learn how to perform new tasks when necessary.
- Able to lift at least 50lbs at one time
- Strong communication skills
- Cleaning includes bathrooms, vacuuming, trash removal, windows, refilling dispensers, sweeping, mopping, preparing for events, and several other tasks.
Forest Hills Public School Culture:
We believe Forest Hills Public schools is a learning organization, built upon integrity and to this end we expect employees to be:
- Open Communication
- Diverse and Inclusive
- High Expectations
Must be able to perform to the District’s Standard of Physical Activity
Forest Hills Public Schools, Grand Rapids, MI is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, genetic information, or any legally protected characteristic in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.