Beyond the Weekend is a resource to help the Word of God become more deeply rooted in your heart following the message each weekend. Our desire is to encourage habit-forming spiritual growth through Scripture, prayer, and other spiritual disciplines.
Each week, we explore the weekend message, typically drawing from the Old Testament, Psalms, Gospels, and Epistles (letters).
It is written to appeal to various learning styles with fresh, interesting ways to put Scripture into practice.
Beyond the Weekend features:
- Daily Scripture readings with short reflections.
- Practical exercises to put the teaching into practice.
- A weekly blog post on the sermon and/or the readings.
- Opportunity to interact with others online about what you are learning (hosted on our blog, Sabea).
You can receive Beyond the Weekend in two ways:
- Daily E-mails | The daily e-mail provides links to the Scripture readings, a short reflection for the day, and links to the Sabea blog posts and sermon video. Click here to sign up.
- Weekly Bulletin | The bulletin at our weekend services contains a print version of Beyond the Weekend. Digital copies are always available from the media player as well in “related material.”
Our quest is to help our congregation grow spiritually throughout the week. We pray Beyond the Weekend becomes a valuable resource.
Contact Tim Nelson, pastor of spiritual formation, with questions.